Fair Information Practices
or otherwise handle your Personally Identifiable Information in accordance with our website. We have also incorporated important points and clauses of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We respect the privacy of our users and thus
ensure the protection of personal data by all means.
Important terminologies as per GDPR
Personal Data - any information related to a natural person or 'Data Subject' that can be used to directly or indirectly identify the person.
Data Subject - a natural person whose personal data is processed by a Data Controller.
Data Controller - the entity that determines the purposes, conditions, and means of the processing of personal data.
Consent - any freely given, specific, informed and explicit consent by statement or action signifying agreement to the processing of the personal data by the user "Data Subject".
Processing - any operation performed on personal data, whether or not by automated means, including collection, use, recording, etc.
What personal information do we collect from the people that visit our blog, website or app?
When ordering or registering on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, Instagram username or other details to help you with your experience and delivering our services. We also collect other information upon submitting a form on our website including your IP address and device information for market research and fraud prevention.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you place an order, fill out a form, open a support ticket or enter information on our site. We have implemented Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to track marketing performance upon visiting our website.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, make a purchase, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize user's experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (live chat, email or phone inquiries)
- To prevent payment fraud and assist PayPal with disputes.
How do we share your information?
We do not sell the information we store on you. We do share the following information:
- Your Instagram username is shared with our partnered suppliers to deliver your services.
- Your Instagram username, name, email address, order details, IP address, and data associated with your IP address is shared with PayPal to prevent fraud.
How do we protect visitor information?
- Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
- We use regular Malware Scanning.
- We use an SSL certificate via CloudFlare to encrypt the transfer of data to our servers.
- Credit Card and payment details are all completed on PayPal's servers.
Do we use 'cookies'?
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and
Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future. We may also use trusted third-party services that track
this information on our behalf.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look
at your browser's Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
If you disable cookies off, some features will be disabled It won't affect the user's experience that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
However, you can still place orders.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating
our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies,
or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
We do not include or offer third-party products or services on our website.
Google's advertising requirements can be summed up by Google's Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
We have not enabled Google AdSense on our site but we may do so in the future.
We have implemented the following:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user
interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our website.
Opting out from Google Ad settings
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt-out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser
If users do not want to receive any emails from us then they have the option to opt-out from receiving any emails regarding new updates, promotions, newsletters etc. Users will have the option to not opt for newsletter subscription upon their visit on our website. Also, even after subscription if a user decides to opt-out he or she can simply opt-out by clicking to an unsubscribe button which would allow the users to unsubscribe at any time. Users can find this unsubscribe button on the footer of any email received from our official email address.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
it is being shared, and to comply with this policy. - See more at http://consumercal.org/california-online-privacy-protection-act-caloppa/#sthash.0FdRbT51.dpuf
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
Users can visit our site anonymously.
Users are able to change their personal information by emailing us
General Data Protection Regulation
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is introduced to harmonize and unify one data protection regulation among all European States. The purpose is to protect EU citizens from organizations that use their personal data irresponsibly and hence passed this regulation to bound organizations to maintain standards for the protection of user's personal data by taking explicit consent from the users. We understand the importance of this regulation and thereby have drafted and revamped our policies to comply with it. Learn more about the GDPR here: https://gdpr-info.eu/
Rights of users under GDPR
GDPR regulation gives more control to the user over their personal data which they share online. Instafamous Pro understand and support this regulation and made sure to cover all points to successfully comply with GDPR requirements. Users have numerous rights under GDPR which they can avail if and when required. The rights are listed below for ease of visibility and understanding:
- Right to be informed (your right to know how we process your information/data)
- Right to access (your right to ask us of what information we hold about you on our systems)
- Right to erasure or Right to be forgotten (user's right to ask us to remove all of their personal data from our systems)
- Right to data portability (user's right to receive the personal data which you have shared with us, in a structured and machine-readable format to transfer to another data controller with your own consent and/or under any binding contract)
- Right to object (users can object against how the organization use or process their personal information)
Legal obligation to disclose personal information
We do not collect sensitive personal data, furthermore we only collect personal information for a lawful purpose, which is directly related to the website's activities and necessary for that purpose. We only ask for information that is significant for the successful processing of your queries and concerns. We do not process any personal information without the consent of the users. Users have a free will to give consent for the use and processing of their personal data in order to receive great user experience. We do not disclose the personal information of the users to anyone else without prior consent, however there are some exceptions in which we might disclose your data such as:
- For certain purposes to do with criminal justice or the taxation system.
- For processing personal data in connection with regulatory activities.
- Personal data is exempt from the non-disclosure provisions if you are required to disclose it; by or under any EU enactment; by any rule of common law; or by an order of a court or tribunal in any jurisdiction.
How does our site handle do not track signals?
We honor do not track signals and do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioral tracking?
It's also important to note that we do not allow third-party behavioral tracking
Who choose the data to collect on our website (Data Controllers)?
- Instafamous Pro chooses which information to collect for the purposes of delivering our services, improving our services, marketing, communication, fraud prevention.
- PayPal chooses what information to collect for managing payments.
- ZenDesk chooses what information to collect for email and facebook support.
- Google chooses what information to collect for analyzing website and marketing performance.
- Facebook chooses what information to collect for analyzing marketing performance.
- CloudFlare chooses what information to collect for improving our websites speed and security.
Who store and process the data collected on our website (Data Processors)?
- NameCheap is our web host and database host. They store data collected from our forms. This is the data that we use to provide our service and contact you.
- CodeGuard is our backup service. They store data collected from our forms as a backup.
- CloudFlare is our content delivery service. They store data and metadata on your visit to our website.
- Zendesk hosts our support service. They store emails sent to us and information entered into our contact and support forms.
- MailChimp is our email marketing service. They store information collected from our forms when you agree to receive any email marketing.
- PayPal is our payment gateway. They store all relevant personal payment information.
- Google is our website analytics service. They store information about your website visit.
- Facebook is one of our marketing platforms. They store information about your website visit.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation's consumer protection agency, enforces the
COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under 13.
Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair
Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur:
We will notify the users via email within 72 hours.
We also agree to the Individual Redress Principle, which requires that individuals have a right to pursue legally enforceable rights against data collectors and processors who fail to adhere to the law. This principle requires not only
that individuals have enforceable rights against data users, but also that individuals have recourse to courts or government agencies to investigate and/or prosecute non-compliance by data processors.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service.
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at
- Follow the instructions at the bottom of each email and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM we agree to the following:
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can email us at email@example.com
and we will promptly remove you from ALL
As per the nature of the business, it is required to keep the details of users. However, we do not sustain it for any personal gains. We will ask for consent from our clients to retain the information indefinitely or at least for 6 years. However, users will have the choice to ask for removing their data from our servers. Users can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or through our contact form if they want us to remove their personal data from our website etc.
How to request your data (freedom of information)
To request the data we store about you at any time please contact us via email email@example.com
or contact us via our contact form
. We will be able to provide all the data stored about you from our NameCheap databases, Mailchimp email service, and ZenDesk support software within 48 hours of receiving your request. Please specify which data you would like to receive, or if you would like to see all data stored about you when contacting us.
To access the data stored by Google, Facebook, CloudFlare, and PayPal please contact them individually to request access to your data.
How to remove your data (your right to be forgotten)
If you would like us to remove the data stored about you please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or contact us via our contact form
. We will delete all data we store about you from our servers hosted on our NameCheap databases and MailChimp email service within 48 hours.
We do not control the data collected or stored by Google, Facebook, Zendesk, CloudFlare, and PayPal. You will need to contact them individually if you would like them to remove any data stored about you.
Data Breach Notification
We haven't faced any data breach since the start, however we will report any unlawful data breach of this website's database to all the relevant individuals and authorities within the prescribed time period 72 hours of the breach under GDPR, only if it is obvious that personal information or data stored in an identifiable manner has been stolen or breached.
Berlin, Berlin 10405
Last Edited on 23rd of May 2018